A focus on Genistein. What is it and what are the benefits for your skin?
We share why genistein is an important additive to our moisturiser. Hence why the skin healing benefits are nothing short of miraculous.
A quick overview
Genistein belongs to a set of compounds known as isoflavones, which are sources of phytoestrogens.
- Commonly derived from soy
- Acts on estrogen receptors, without posing the risk for breast cancer like estrogen does
- Contains anti-oxidant and skin-soothing properties
- Shown to visibly improve signs of aging that occur or accelerate during menopause.
A naturally occurring plant ingredient, genistein belongs to a group of compounds known as isoflavones. Isoflavones are sources of phytoestrogens, also known as plant estrogens. They are not hormones. So they work differently by connecting with receptor sites on the skin’s surface. This helps the skin look and feel younger. Genistein is most often derived from soy but can also be produced synthetically.
How does Hernuvin use it to benefit you?
Hernuvin has been specifically designed to address the needs of traumatised and estrogen-depleted skin from chemotherapy. This is why genistein is an important additive to our moisturiser. It’s skin healing benefits are nothing short of miraculous.
The benefits to skin
Our experience and research shows that genistein has the following multiple benefits for skin, when it is used topically:
- Impressive skin-soothing properties: As an isoflavone, genistein is a rich source of anti-oxidants that have impressive skin-soothing properties.
- Anti-aging effects: Applied to skin, genistein exhibits anti-aging effects, including reducing the visible appearance of wrinkles and helping protect skin from the effects of sun damage.
- It penetrates skin better than “sister” isoflavone daidzein. This is due to the affinity for key receptor sites found on the skin’s surface.
- Improves signs of aging and dry skin: Emerging studies also show genistein has a special ability to improve signs of aging (wrinkles and fine-lines)and dry skin that are common during menopause.
- Shown great results for skin elasticity, photoaging, and skin cancer prevention.
- Increases collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid production
- Thickens the dermis and epidermis
- Improves the moisture content of the skin
- Decreases cellular ageing
Hernuvin Moisturiser – it’s all you need
Genistein is not the only active ingredient used in Hernuvin Moisturiser. Other efficacious ingredients that are essential have been included to get the results you want.
It’s actually quite incredible because you don’t need to add anything else when you use Hernuvin Moisturiser. The ingredients are made to target skin issues that are common to most of us regardless of age or skin type. Hernuvin Moisturiser offers a complete solution to address all your skin issues in one tube. Turning back time to give you back your confidence. Before…
- cancer treatment?
- you turned 40?
- sun exposure?
- you knew and understood how to care for your skin?
Let’s break the active ingredients down for you:
- Carnosine – Preserves connective tissue that gives firm & youthful skin
- Niacinamide – Treats hyperpigmentation and blemishes
- Kyotorphin – Tones down the nerve response to sensitivity
- Genistein – A phytoestrogen that has shown great results for skin elasticity, photoaging, and skin cancer prevention
- Peptides GHK – Improves skin healing
- GQPR – Increases skin hydration and decreases skin roughness
- Geranyl geranyl acetone – Evens skin tone by fading redness and age spots
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic acid helps the skin maintain moisture and helps the tissue regeneration process involved in healing wounds
- Imperata cylindrica – Targets dehydrated skin and helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
A powerful moisturiser that will turn back time. You will see visible changes to your skin within a month. However, we do recommend that you use Hernuvin Moisturiser for at least three months to really enjoy the improvements to your skin. Shop Hernuvin Moisturiser here.
Here at Hernuvin, we have walked the journey with many cancer patients. When it comes to your skin, the advice we offer is, “your skin will heal if it is given time and the right skin care products.”
You are welcome to talk to us about any skin care concerns you may experience from your cancer treatment.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. Until next time, take care of yourself and your skin. You deserve it!
Phytotherapy Research, March 2020, Volume 34, Issue 3, pages 435-447
Surgical and Cosmetic Dermatology, March 2020
International Journal of Women’s Dermatology, June 2019, pages 85-90
AAPS FarmSciTech, October 2018, Issue 19, Volume 7, pages 3029-3,039
Nutrients, June 2017, Volume 9, Issue 6, page 622
Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, March 2015, pages 20-27
International Journal of Pharmaceutics, November 2008, pages 36-44
The Journal of Nutrition, November 2003, Volume 133, Issue 11, pages 3811S–3819S
Journal of Investigative Dermatology, May 2003, pages 835-841