Chemotherapy, radiation and other cancer treatments can cause skin reactions, such as:
- Dry / Itching Skin
- Face Rash
- Radiation Recall
- Hand-Foot Syndrome
- Fingernail Issues
- Dark, Puffy Under-eye Issues
Don’t leave your skin untreated because you think it’s “just part of the treatment” or that it will get better on its own; or even worse, try a whole host of products that have no effect or, cause more damage.
As a specialist skin care salon for women undergoing cancer treatment, we share 3 tips on what you can do to protect your skin:
- Being aware of the potential skin issues is half the battle.
- A good preventative regimen of gentle, pure skin care can help avoid or minimise many of the side-effects of treatment.
- What to look for in skin care during chemo:
- Avoid exfoliants and harsh scrubs when undergoing chemo.
- Use hypo-allergenic products to avoid bombarding your skin with new potential allergens.
- Avoid harsh chemicals, dyes, or perfumes
- Look for skin care that delivers moisture & hydration
WHY HERNUVIN SKIN CARE
Medically designed and scientifically formulated by a specialist plastic surgeon (whose anaesthetist is a breast cancer survivor), Hernuvin is specifically formulated to address the side effects of Chemotherapy and traumatised skin.
Whether your skin is normal, showing the signs of ageing or recovering from the effects of chemotherapy and estrogen depletion, the Hernuvin Skin Care Range offers a simple skin care regime that facilitates the restoration of ailing skin, as well as providing effective prevention and protective assistance for all skin types.Find out more about our skin care range